Born 14th December, 1960
- Master's Degree in Pharmacy: Leiden University, The
Netherlands, 22nd June, 1987.
- Pharmacist’s Degree: Utrecht University, 22nd
- Worked on a project in biotechnology of lipid
plants, 1989 – 1990.
- Ph.D. training at the Div. of Pharmacognosy, Leiden
University, 1990 – 1994; Ph.D. 22nd June, 1995.
Thesis title: ‘Strictosidine Glucosidase in Indole Alkaloid Producing
Characteristics and Physiological Implications’.
- Post-doc at the Div. of Pharmacognosy, Uppsala
University, Sweden, 1995 - 1997; method development in isolation and
characterization of cyclic peptides from plants.
- From 1998 onwards, director of Phytoconsult
- Senior scientist at Prisna b.v., Leiden, The